British Library Press Releases RSS feed

Monday, May 9, 2011

Summer Plans




My plans for the summer only include going to two places. In June, I am going to Honduras on a mission trip and in July, I am going to work at a summer camp. Every year, I go to Honduras with my church on a medical mission trip. We take doctors, nurses, dentists, and pharmacists. This will be my 5th year to go. I am no doctor so I go and help out with the children's ministry or the pharmacy. I love going back every year to see all of the kids. Their faces light up when they see us walk up with toys and bibles for them. I cannot wait to go back there in about a month. It is one of my favorite places on earth to just sit and enjoy the beauty of it.

The other thing I am doing this summer is working a camp for children with mental disabilities called Abbie Rogers Civitan Camp. This year I am on staff. Past years I was a counselor for the camp. At camp we do lots of different activities like canoeing, swimming, arts & crafts, leisure, and dance & music. Then at night we do different activities like a cookout, swimming party, karaoke night, and talent show. My favorite night activity is the talent show. Some of the campers actually come to camp with props for the talent show. I love camp and all of the campers there. I cannot wait to see all of the minivans pull in with the excited kids this summer. This summer is going to be one for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment